Sunday, November 25, 2007

Good Question for a Sunday Morning

I'm in Europe delivering leadership training with Pathways to Leadership. Been here for a week and have just over 2 more weeks to go. It's been awhile since I've been over here and I had forgotten how much I enjoy the diversity and multinational spirit of Europe. I will have 8 countries represented in my training session this week yet all of them will be able to speak English as their second, third, or perhaps fourth language. I have been able to draw upon the French I learned in high school (Thanks Mdme Warner!) and the Italian I learned in college (Thanks Prof. Riga!).

So, I received this great question yesterday,
I'm sitting here watching what passes for news coverage on cable TV. So far, they're hurting themselves in their efforts to ignore a couple of stories that are blazing on the internet. How would you assess the difference in news coverage between Europe and the US?

Unfortunately, the only English speaking channel I get in my hotel is CNN International. It gives a much broader perspective and they are not shy about a bit of "editorializing"... The recent victory of Mr. Rudd over Mr. Howard in Australia was accompanied by many reports that being a friend of Bush isn't helping anyone in the US nor around the world.

I will say that there is a very heightened interest in the U.S.presidential election. Many people can't believe that in a country as big as the US, the two front runners are both from NY. They have a real fondness for Bill Clinton and a lot of that lends a favorable impression of Hillary. The former French First Lady, Mme Bernadette Chirac recently endorsed Hillary (11/24/07)... not sure if it carries any weight, but it shows that she also has an international appeal... can go a long way toward rebuilding bridges.

Thanks for the question! What do YOU think?? Click below to add your comments...

No comments:

Ask your question here....

Your Question
First Name
Last Name
Address Line 1
City
State
Zip Code
Daytime Phone() -
E-mail Address